Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Firsts...


First green leaves on the Hawthorn... 


in the first light of the morning sun...
(and hopefully the last of the frosts!)


And for the first time, I'm hosting the May edition of The Festival Of The Trees & I'd love to include something posted by YOU, dear friends! You may have seen the link before as I've often included it in my posts, but if you haven't followed it before, I'll tell you that it leads to a monthly collection of posts about... da-daaa... TREES (as if you hadn't guessed!)

14th march 

So... I'd love it if you posted something during the month of April that shows how trees whisper to your soul... or your heart or your mind...  I love the factual as well as the spiritual & less tangible...

Go on... share how trees inspire you... whether it be artistic or poetic, photographic or scientific... or  something we might not know.... whether it's about how they grow or heal the sick.... taken from ancient lore or something quite futuristic....share something about trees that makes you tick!

Then just email <suziscribbles [at] yahoo.co.uk> by the end of April with a link to your post.... and if you stumble across something that you think might be good to include, i'd appreciate it if you let me know.



15 comments:

Barry said...

S-I find the new buds of spring magical - so full of promise, energy and life. Great combo of new growth and the way the sunlight is capturing the dew on nthe new growth. Love the Festival of Trees. Will see if I can follow through on it. Will be travelling - maybe share trees from the islands in the NT. Go well. B

Suzi Smith said...

Thought i might sneak in some of your metal leaves whether you post about them or not this month, lol... safe & happy travelling x

Yvette said...

I'm in Suzi!!!!!!

Clytie said...

I always look forward to hawthorn trees in the spring. Mostly because my mom has one in the back yard she always called my birthday tree because every year it was blooming on my birthday!

Ours are just now starting to show leaf buds too ... but no frost, just rain.

Suzi Smith said...

Oh good yvette... look forward to seeing what you do.

Clytie we must be close in birthdays, they usually blossom for mine!

Rose said...

A good challenge! I like trees to, who doesn't?

Jade L Blackwater said...

Hi Suzi - do your hawthornes bear pink or white blossoms? Can't wait to see what folks cook up for the festival!

Suzi Smith said...

I'm lookin forward to it jade..
we mainly get white blossom but somme odd red trees are red, hope to get photos of red this year if can find some!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely to see your trees budding...
i love trees~

Jim Tolles said...

I love the frosty buds. :)

Jasmine said...

Congratulations on hosting the Festival of the Trees. I am sure you will make it blossom. I will create some posts especially for you dear one xxJ

Laura Bloomsbury said...

Hi Suzi - gorgeous images and beautiful frosting but that should be the last for this year. Congrats on hosting May's Tree Fest - hope to link up with you

Laura

Suzi Smith said...

ooh, it's encouraging to get enthusiastic responses for the festival!

Laura... we had frost only 2 days ago, it vanished quickly, but that's the difference here 'up north' compared to 'down south' lol

layers said...

thanks for stopping by my blog-- you have lovely blogs and very uplifting and inspirational posts- I love trees- I see calligraphy in the branches.

Suzi Smith said...

thanks donna... yes i see calligraphy in their branches too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...